Applications are invited for admission to December 2023 semester in the following programmes:
M Tech: * Unmanned Aerial Systems Engineering * Materials Science & Engineering
MS (BY RESEARCH): * Civil Engineering (Only in Environmental Engineering & Structural Engineering) * Computer Science & Engineering * Cybersecurity * Mechanical Engineering
PhD: * Aerospace Engineering * Biological Sciences & Bio Engineering * Chemical Engineering * Civil Engineering * Computer Science & Engineering * Earth Sciences * Electrical Engineering * Management Sciences * Materials Science & Engineering * Interdisciplinary Programme on Materials Science * Mechanical Engineering * Photonics Science and Engineering * Sustainable Energy Engineering * Chemistry * Earth Sciences * Mathematics * Statistics * Physics * Space, Planetary & Astronomical Sciences & Engineering
PhD (HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES): English (Linguistics & ELT) * Fine Arts * Philosophy
Detailed information on PG programmes offered at IIT Kanpur is available at:
- Reservations [EWS/SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/DAP] shall apply as per Government of India (GoI) norms
- For Application Form, Reference Letter Form, Information Brochure, Eligibility Criteria, and other relevant details, please visit:
Click the link for the concerned department to get detailed information about the department.
- Students who are in final year of their programme (likely to finish the programme by December 31, 2023) may also apply and secure provisional admission for the session commencing in January 2024 (2023-24-II Semester).
- Financial support (Institute Assistantship/Scholarship) will be provided to non-sponsored PhD and MS (By Research) students.
- Those employed in industry, or a college/university/institute may apply for admission as sponsored, external, or part-time candidates. The last date of accepting applications under these categories is November 01, 2023, 11:00 AM. The deadline for online application is extended till November 03, 2023 11:00 AM (Hard Deadline). Further information on these categories of admissions is available at: Important Links
Withdrawn from the Programme:
- The last date of withdrawal from the programme (with Rs 1000/- deduction) is December 12, 2023. If withdrawal is received after aforesaid date the deduction will be as per institute norms.
- Refund processing will be taken up after January 15, 2024. Refund may take up to 21 working days.
- Withdrawal applications should be submitted through the below mentioned link along with below mentioned documents:
- Signed application for withdrawal consisting of all details like Application number, Department, Program, Amount paid.
- Fee payment receipt
- Bank details (Name, Brach, IFSC code, A/C no, address)
- Photo copy of front page of passbook
For assistance related to foreign national applications (Study in India / ICCR / ASEAN etc) kindly get in touch with Office of International relations. (https://www.iitk.ac.in/oir/contact). The last date of accepting applications under these categories is November 18, 2023, 11:00 AM.
Details on the admission for candidates in Foreign Nationals category can be found at: Click Here
How To Apply
- The online application portal will be available from October 19, 2023, 02:00 PM to November 01, 2023 11:00 AM. The deadline for online application is extended till November 03, 2023 11:00 AM (Hard Deadline). Go to "Important Links".
- PhD applicants must arrange for two letters of reference as well. For this purpose, the names of the referees along with their e-mail addresses are to be provided by the candidate at the online applications portal. The referees will be contacted electronically through an auto generated mail with a request to submit their recommendations online.
- The application fee is Rs.500 for General, EWS, OBC and OBC-NCL candidates and Rs.250 for SC/ST and all DAP candidates. The application fee is waived for candidates in the 'Foreign National' category.
- Separate application form is to be filled for each programme or department.