- B. Tech., IIT Roorkee, 2010
- Ph.D., Joint from IIT Bombay and Monash University, 2019
- Post-doc, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2019-2021
My research is focused on sustainable process engineering and negative emission technologies. One of the key areas include carbon dioxide capture and mineralization using alkaline industrial wastes such as steel slags and coal ashes. This is expected to solve twin problems of anthropogenic CO2 emissions and upcycling solid wastes to valuable materials such as precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) and supplementary cementitious material (SCM) for concrete making. Primary objective is to understand heterogeneous reactions (aqueous-solid) with complex morphology and phase assemblage through experiments and modelling. I am also interested in process intensification studies (e.g. gas-liquid absorption).
- Naik and Rastogi Excellence in Ph.D. Thesis Award, IIT Bombay (2021)
- Finalist, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF) Annual Innovation Award, University of Wisconsin-Madison (2020)
- Manager, Reliance Industries Limited, Jamnagar, Gujrat, India (July 2010‐Sep. 2013)
- Sr. Process Design Engineer-II, SRF Ltd., Gurugram, India (Sep. 2013‐Dec. 2013)
- Ragipani, Raghavendra; Bhattacharya, Sankar; Suresh, Akkihebbal K; A review on steel slags valorisation via mineral carbonation, Reaction Chemistry & Engineering, 6, 7, 1152 ‐ 1178, 2021, Royal Society of Chemistry; doi:doi:10.1039/D1RE00035G
- Ragipani, Raghavendra; Bhattacharya, Sankar; Suresh, Akkihebbal K; Towards efficient calcium extraction from steel slag and carbon dioxide utilisation via pressure-swing mineral carbonation, Reaction Chemistry & Engineering, 4, 1, 52 ‐ 66, 2019, Royal Society of Chemistry; doi:10.1039/C8RE00167G.
- Ragipani, Raghavendra; Bhattacharya, Sankar; Suresh, Akkihebbal K; Kinetics of steel slag dissolution: from experiments to modelling, Proceedings of the Royal Society A, 475, 2224, 20180830, 2019, The Royal Society Publishingdoi:10.1098/rspa.2018.0830.
- Ragipani, Raghavendra; Bhattacharya, Sankar; Suresh, Akkihebbal K; Understanding dissolution characteristics of steel slag for resource recovery, Waste Management, 117, 179-187, 2020, Elsevier; doi:10.1016/j.wasman.2020.08.008.
- Raghavendra Ragipani; Eleanor Escobar; Dale Prentice; Steven Bustillos; Dante Simonetti; Gaurav Sant; Bu Wang; Selective sulfur removal from semi-dry flue gas desulfurization coal fly ash for concrete and carbon dioxide capture applications, Waste Management, 121, 117-126, 2020, Elsevier; doi:10.1016/j.wasman.2020.12.007.