(PhD, IISc Bengaluru, India)
Assistant Professor, Department of MSE
Office: Faculty Building 416
Phone: +91 512 259 2316
Microbially Induced Corrosion, Corrosion Engineering, Nanomaterials and Surface Coatings, Material-Microbe Interactions
Areas of Interest:
Structure-electrochemical property relationships in metastable and nanocrystalline materials, development of materials for extreme corrosive environments, coatings for corrosion control, material-microbe interactions leading to bio-fouling and microbially induced corrosion, and biohydrometallurgy for recycling industrial wastes
- Academic Experience
- Assistant Professor, Materials Science and Engineering, IIT Kanpur (Jun 2022 - Present)
- Assistant Professor, Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, NIT Warangal (Dec 2019 - Jun 2022)
- Assistant Professor, Metallurgical Engineering, Jain University, Bangalore (Jul 2018 - Dec 2019)
- Industrial Experience
- Independent Researcher (Plasma Assisted PVD for Steel Substrates), R & D, Tata Steel Ltd., Jamshedpur (Jul 2008 - Feb 2011)
Selected Journal Publications
- Y. Raghupathy, Anshul Kambhoj, Rekha M.Y, Narasimha R. N. P and Chandan Srivastava, Copper- graphene oxide composite coatings for corrosion protection of mild steel in 3.5% NaCl, Thin solid films, 636 (2017) 107-115.
- Y. Raghupathy, K.A. Natarajan and Chandan Srivastava, Anti-corrosive and anti-microbial properties of nanocrystalline Ni-Ag coatings, Materials Science and Engineering, 206 (2016) 1-8. (One of the most downloaded MSE-B articles during Jan-Apr 2016).
- Atanu Chaudhuri, Y. Raghupathy, Dheepa Srinivasan, Satyam Suwas, Chandan Srivastava, Microstructural evolution of Cold-Sprayed Inconel 625 superalloy coatings on low alloy steel substrate, Acta Materialia, 129 (2017) 11-25.
- Y. Raghupathy, K.A. Natarajan and Chandan Srivastava, Microstructure, electrochemical behaviour and bio-fouling of electrodeposited nickel matrix-silver nanoparticles composite coatings on copper, Surface Coatings and Technology, 328 (2017) 266-275.
- Anshul Kamboj, Y. Raghupathy, Rekha M. Y., Chandan Srivastava, 'Morphology, Texture and Corrosion Behavior of Nanocrystalline Copper-Graphene Composite Coatings' JOM, The Journal of The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society, 69(7) (2017) 1149-1154.
Honors and Awards
- BEST ORAL PRESENTATION - CORSYM 2018
Title of the paper: Size-dependent anti-microbial response of silver nanoparticles for anti-fouling applications in marine environment
Event Details: 5th International Corrosion Prevention Symposium (NACE International Gateway India Section) March 2018, IIT Madras (Chennai, India)
BEST PAPER - CORCON 2015
Title of the paper: Corrosion and bio-fouling behaviour of Ni-Ag alloy films electrodeposited on copper
Event Details: Young Scientists' Forum, International Conference on Corrosion Prevention, NACE International, November, 2015, Chennai Trade Centre (Chennai, India)
- BEST ORAL PRESENTATION - CORSYM 2015
Title of the paper: Corrosion and anti-microbial properties of Ni-Ag films
Event Details: 2nd International Corrosion Prevention Symposium, NACE International Gateway India Section, July 31-August 1, 2015, IIT Madras (Chennai, India)
- BEST POSTER- Annual Symposium 2015
Title of the paper: Ni-Ag thin alloy films for anti-corrosive and anti-microbial applications
Event Details: Annual Symposium 2015, department of Materials Engineering, Indian Institute of Science (Bangalore, India).
- ALL INDIA GATE RANK 45 in GATE-Metallurgical Engineering, 2006.
- CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE - METAl'ION-05
Event Details: Technical Annual Symposium, 'Metal'ion-05', GCE, Salem, India, 2005