(PhD, Purdue University, West Lafayette, USA)
Assistant Professor, Department of MSE
Office: Faculty Building 411
Phone: +91 512 259 2257
Functional thin films, epitaxy, ceramic nanocomposites, optical metamaterials
Areas of Interest:
Ceramic Nanocomposite Designs, Processing and Characterizations for Microelectronics, Optics, and Energy applications, Machine learning for Materials Database Mining and Structural Refining
- Assistant Professor, Materials Science and Engineering, IIT Kanpur (Nov 2021 - Present)
- Module Integration and Yield Engineer, Intel Corporation (Oct 2020 - Sept 2021)
Selected Journal Publications
- S. Misra, H. Wang, Review on the growth, properties and applications of self-assembled oxide-metal vertically aligned nanocomposite thin films-current and future perspectives, published in Materials Horizons, 8, 869-884 (2021).
- O.J. Lee*, S. Misra*, H. Wang, J.L. Mac-Manus Driscoll, Ferroelectric/multiferroic self-assembled vertically aligned nanocomposites: Current and future status, published in APL Materials, 9, 030904 (2021).
- L. Li, S. Misra*, X. Gao, J. Liu, H. Wang, J. Huang, B. Zhang, P. Lu, H. Wang, Novel vertically aligned nanocomposite of Bi2WO6-Co3O4 with room-temperature multiferroic and anisotropic optical response, published in Nano Research, In Press (2021).
- S. Misra, D. Zhang, P. Lu, H. Wang, Thermal stability of self-assembled ordered three-phase Au-BaTiO3-ZnO nanocomposite thin films via in situ heating in TEM, published in Nanoscale, 12, 23673-23681 (2020).
- S. Misra, D. Zhang, Z. Qi, D. Li, J. Lu, H.-T. Chen, H. Wang, Morphology Control of Self-Assembled Three-Phase Au-BaTiO3}-ZnO Hybrid Metamaterial for Tunable Optical Properties, published in Crystal Growth and Design, 20, 6101-6108 (2020).
- S. Misra, M. Kalaswad, D. Zhang, H. Wang, Dynamic measurement of electrically tunable dielectric permittivity in BaTiO3 using spectroscopic ellipsometer, published in Materials Research Letters, 8, 321-327 (2020).
- S. Misra, L. Li, X. Gao, J. Jian, Z. Qi, D. Zemlyanov, H. Wang, Tunable Physical Properties in Bi2Al1-x}Mnx}O6 Thin Films with Novel Layered Supercell Structures, published in Nanoscale Advances, 2, 315-322 (2020).
- S. Misra, L. Li, D. Zhang, J. Jian, Z. Qi, M. Fan, H.-T. Chen, X. Zhang, H. Wang, Self-assembled ordered three-phase Au-BaTiO3-ZnO vertically aligned nanocomposites achieved by a templating method, published in Advanced Materials, 31(7), 1806529 (2019).
- S. Misra, L. Li, J. Jian, J. Huang, X. Wang, D. Zemlyanov, J. Jang, F.H. Ribeiro, H. Wang, Tailorable Au nanoparticles embedded in epitaxial TiO2 thin films for efficient photocatalysis, published in ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 10(6), 5779-5784 (2018).
Honors and Awards
- Best Poster Award (top 1%) at the Materials Research Society (MRS) Fall Meeting and Exhibit, 2019
- Awarded the PGSG (top 10%) and the College of Engineering travel grant
- Recipient of the highly competitive Bilsland Dissertation Fellowship provided by the Graduate School at Purdue University
- Recipient of prestigious IIT-Todai graduate student scholarship 2016 among 10 students from India
- Academic Excellence Award recipient for the consecutive academic year 2013-14 and 2014-2015, awarded to top 5% students at IIT Kanpur
- 7th position in Regional Mathematics Olympiad (RMO 2010) in the state of Uttar Pradesh