Specialised counsellor available for sexual harassment cases. Please contact any member of the Women's Cell for fixing an appointment with the counsellor. Your information will be kept confidential.

Emergency contact

(SIS) Control Room: +91-512-259-7999, +91-512-679-7999

What to do and not to do, in case you were harassed

    • Do not blame yourself.

    • Do not feel ashamed. Clearly and firmly tell the harasser that you find his behavior inappropriate/offensive.

    • Speak-up! Do not ignore the harassment, hoping that it will stop on its own.

    • Keep a detailed record (dates, times, places, names of harasser(s) and witnesses) of all incidents related to the harassment.

If you witness harassment, do not be a bystander. Report!

As mandated by the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition, and Redressal) Act, 2013, IIT Kanpur has constituted an Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) which can be approached for filing complaints.

Who can approach ICC?

a) Any woman employee of IIT Kanpur including faculty and staff as well as any woman residing in the Campus or visiting the Campus in any capacity may file a complaint against an incident of sexual harassment.

b) Any student, irrespective of age and/or gender, may file a complaint against an incident of sexual harassment as per the IIT Kanpur Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal of Sexual Harassment of Students Rules, 2017.

How to approach ICC?

    • Call/email/meet/file a paper complaint to the Presiding Officer, ICC, and (Current Presiding Officer)

    • Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Examples of offences and punishment given in cases with ICC at IIT Kanpur (the two lists do not have one-to-one correspondence).

Help from Women's Cell

The Women's Cell can advise on available courses of action to any woman on campus who may be in distress. If the woman so chooses, the Cell may facilitate access to the legal cell and/or the security section, or facilitate meetings with appropriate counsellors and/or the Presiding Officer, ICC. For help, please contact any member of the Women's Cell.