Dr. Eshan Chattopadhyay is the Assistant Professor of Computer Science and a Field faculty of Applied Math at Cornell University since 2018.
Dr. Chattopadhyay did his B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from IIT Kanpur in 2011. He went on to complete his PhD from the University of Texas, Austin in 2016.
Dr. Chattopadhyay is broadly interested in Computational Complexity Theory, Pseudorandomness, Cryptography. He was earlier a postdoctoral researcher at the Institute of Advanced Studies, Princeton, NJ , Microsoft Research, India and University of California, Berkeley. He was selected for the prestigious National Science Foundation Faculty Early Career Development Award in 2021.
Achievements and Honors
- NSF CAREER Award, 2021-2026.
- Microsoft Research Fellow at Simons Institute, 2017.
- Bert Kay Dissertation Award at University of Texas, Austin, 2016.
- Best Paper Award in STOC, 2016.
- Dissertation Writing Fellowship awarded by University of Texas at Austin Graduate School, 2016.
- US Junior Oberwolfach Fellow, 2015.
- MCD Fellowship awarded by University of Texas at Austin, 2011-2014.
- General Proficiency Medal for Best Academic Performance in B. Tech in Computer Science, IIT Kanpur, 2007-2011.
- Best Bachelor's Thesis Award in Computer Science, IIT Kanpur , 2011