Dr. Naveen Vetcha
Dr. Naveen Vetcha is Centennial Challenge Manager at Engineering, Research and Consulting (ERC) and was earlier a Liquid Propulsion Analyst at ERC, Huntsville, Alabama Area. He has also served as a lecturer at University of Alabama, Huntsville, and as a Research and a Teaching Assistant at University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).
Dr. Naveen Vetcha completed his B.E in Mechanical Engineering from Osmania University in 2005 followed by an M.Tech in Fluid and Thermal Sciences from IIT Kanpur in 2007. He subsequently earned his MSc. and PhD in mechanical engineering from the University of California, Los Angeles.
Dr. Naveen Vetcha is a propulsion analyst supporting the Jacobs Space Exploration Group's ESSCA contract at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center. His work involves analyzing the RS-25 engine which will be used on the core stage of NASA's Space Launch Systems. Prior to this, he worked as lead test analyst for the James Webb Space Telescope's Sunshield at ManTech Intl. Corp. He is a member of the Von Braun Astronomical Society (VBAS) of Huntsville and served as a board member of the society in various positions including the president and vice president. He is also a member of American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics(AIAA) and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
Achievements and Honors
- Behind the Scenes Award NASA MSFC Propulsion Department, 2018
- International Institute of Space Commerce 35 Under 35 - class of 2018
- Jacobs ESSSA Group Volunteer of The Year Award - 2017
- ASMDA Technical Achievement Award - Team category, 2017
- James Webb Space Telescope Significant Achievement Award, 2016
- Ed Pruett Young Professional of the Year Award, 2016.
- Outstanding Young Mechanical Engineer of the Year 2016 Award by ASME, 2016.
- ManTech's Performance Recognition Award, 2015
- Astronomical League Outreach Award, 2015