Prof. A. K. Mallik
Prof. A.K Mallik is the Honorary Distinguished Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering and Applied Mechanics, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, West Bengal. Prof. Mallik's research interests are in the fields of vibration engineering, including damping of materials and structures; dynamics of periodic structures, nonlinear vibration and vibration control, kinematics of mechanisms and manipulators.
Prof. A.K Mallik received his Bachelor of Engineering and Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering from Bengal Engineering College, Shibpur under Calcutta University. He joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Delhi as a Lecturer in 1970 and then moved to IIT Kanpur in 1971 to do his PhD from IIT Kanpur. He became a Professor at IIT Kanpur in 1982. In 2006, he was made the first S Sampath Chair Professor at IIT Kanpur. As a Commonwealth Scholar, he was a Visiting Fellow at the Institute of Sound and Vibration Research, Southampton (1974-75). As an Alexander von Humboldt Fellow, he spent 18 months at TH, Aachen and 6 months at Technische Universitat, Darmstadt, Germany.
Achievements and Honors
- The Distinguished Alumnus Award of Bengal Engineering and Science University.
- The Distinguished Teacher Award of IIT Kanpur
- INSA Teacher Award, 2014.
- Elected to the Fellowship of the Indian National Academy of Engineering.
- Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore, 1997.
- National Academy of Sciences, Allahabad.