Prof. Anand K. Bachhaawat
Prof. Anand Kumar Bachhawat, highly acclaimed Indian geneticist, biochemist, professor in biological sciences, is the dean of faculty at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali. Known for his studies on microbial genetics, Prof. Bachhawat is an elected fellow of all the three major Indian science academies namely Indian Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Sciences, India and Indian National Science Academy.
Prof. Bachhawat heads the Bachawat Lab at the Department of Biological Sciences of IISER Mohali. His studies have been documented by way of a number of articles and the online repository of scientific articles of the Indian Academy of Sciences has listed 29 of them. He also holds patents for the biochemical processes he has developed. He has served as Scientist at Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore from 1987-1990 and Microbial Technology from 1993-2010.
Achievements and Honors
- National J. C. Bose Fellowship in 2012-2017
- Fellow, Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi, 2011
- Fellow, Indian Academy of Sciences, Allahabad, 2007.
- CSIR new Idea Fund, 2004
- Fellow, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore, 2004.
- National Bioscience Award for Career Development, Department of Biotechnology of the Government of India, 2000.