Prof. Santosh K. Gupta
Prof. Santosh K Gupta is currently a Distinguished Professor at Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Petroleum Studies, Dehradun. He served as a faculty in IIT Kanpur till 2012. He has also served as a Visiting Professor at IIT Bombay (2008-2010 ), University of Notre Dame (1985-87), University of Wisconsin, Madison (1999-2000), and National University of Singapore (1998-1999).
Prof. Santosh K Gupta did his B.Tech in Chemical Engineering from IIT Kanpur in 1968 which was followed by MS and PhD in Chemical Engineering from University of Pennsylvania in 1970 and 1972 respectively. His areas of specialization include Polymerization Reaction Engineering, Multi-objective Optimization using Evolutionary Techniques.
Achievements and Honors
- L & T Chair Professor of Chemical Engineering, IIT Bombay, 2009- 2010.
- Fellow, The Indian National Academy of Engineering, 2009.
- Fellow, The National Academy of Sciences, India, 2005.
- Fellow, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore, 1987.
- Herdillia Award of IIChE for Excellence in Basic Research in Chemical Engineering, 1987.