Advertisement for the position of MNRE-Sponsored Research Associate-I
(The last date for receiving the online applications: 30 October 2023)
The Department of Sustainable Energy Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur invites applications for a research associate (Research Associate - I) position with an appointment to begin in December 2023. The department seeks a candidate with expertise in all fields of sustainable energy engineering but is especially interested in the areas of energy storage, solar-PV, electrochemistry & electrochemical systems, wind energy, thermal energy systems, electric vehicles, energy economics, and energy policy. This is a temporary contract-based position for one year with a possibility of renewal up to a maximum of three years based on performance.
The Department of Sustainable Energy Engineering aims to contribute to the national vision of energy sustainability of meeting a large proportion of the nation's energy needs through new and renewable energy technologies in the future for better health of its citizens and energy security.
- Ph.D. in basic science or engineering with energy-relevant research experience. While post-Ph.D. work experience is desired, it is not a requirement.
Relevant skills & experience:
- Through knowledge of tools and equipment in the relevant domain
- Knowledge of energy storage, solar-PV, electrochemistry & electrochemical systems, wind energy, thermal energy systems, electric vehicles, energy economics, and energy policy
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of project management, documentation, and productivity tools
Duration of Appointment
- The post is temporary and is on a contractual basis for one year.
- The appointment may be extended to a maximum of three years based on performance.
Compensation & benefits:
- Base Salary: Rs. 47000 per month
- Dearness allowance (DA): DA is not applicable for this position as per DST norms.
- House Rent Allowance (HRA): As per central government norms for Kanpur.
- Contingency Expenses: As per MNRE norms for this position.
- Medical Benefits: Entitled to medical facilities as per IIT Kanpur norms for this position.
- Leave: Entitled to casual leave and earned leave/annual leave as per IIT Kanpur norms.
The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for shortlisting and selecting candidates for this position. Interested candidates should submit their application via email to email@example.com and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following materials in a single PDF file:
- A Curriculum vitae including the details of education qualifications (degree, institute, percentage/CPI), awards/scholarships, work experience, list of publications (journal and conference), and any other relevant details.
- Copies of transcripts/mark sheets for all post-secondary degrees.
- Copy of two of your best journal papers.
- A research statement not exceeding two pages detailing your research experience and future aims.
- Proof of birth date.
- Name and contact details (email, phone) of three referees who can provide recommendation letters for you.
Please mention the post applied for in the subject line of the email. The deadline for receiving complete applications is 30 October, 2023. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For any further details, please contact: email@example.com