Intelligent Systems and Control.
- Laxmidhar Behera and Indrani Kar, Intelligent Systems and Control: Principles and Applications, Oxford University Press, Nov 2009
- Ranjith Ravindranathan Nair, Laxmidhar Behera, Vinod Kumar, and Mo Jamshidi, Multisatellite Formation Control for Remote Sensing Applications Using Artiﬁcial Potential Field and Adaptive Fuzzy Sliding Mode Control, IEEE Systems Journal, Accepted 2014
- Vipul Arora and Laxmidhar Behera, Musical Source Clustering and Identification in Polyphonic Audio, IEEE Trans, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, Volume: 22, Issue: 6, pp 1003-1012, June 2014
- Meenakshi Gupta, Laxmidhar Behera, KS Venkatesh and Mo Jamshidi, A Robust Visual Human Detection Approach with UKF based Motion Tracking for a Mobile Robot, IEEE Systems Journal, http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=6810181, 2014
- Vaibhav Gandhi, Girijesh Prasad, Damien Coyle, Laxmidhar Behera, Thomas Martin McGinnity, EEG based mobile robot control through an adaptive brain-robot interface, IEEE Trans Systems, Man, Cybernetics: Systems, Online: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=6787110, 2014
- Mazumdar, Anima, Behera, Laxmidhar and Venkatesh, KS (2014), Emotion Recognition from Geometric Facial Features using Self Organizing Map, Pattern Recognition, Vol. 47, issue 3, pp. 1282–1293
- Vaibhav Gandhi, Girijesh Prasad, Damien Coyle, Laxmidhar Behera, Thomas Martin McGinnity, Quantum Neural Network Based EEG Filtering for a Brain Computer Interface, IEEE Trans Neural Networks and Learning Systems, Vol 25, No 2, pp 278-288, Feb 2014
- Indrazno Sirazuddin, Laxmidhar Behera, TM McGinnity, and Sonya Coleman, Image Based Visual Servoing of a 7 DOF Robot Manipulator Using an Adaptive Distributed Fuzzy PD Controller, IEEE/ASME Trans on Mechatronics, VOL. 19, NO. 2, pp 512-523, APRIL 2014 ,
- Pawan Goyal, Laxmidhar Behera, TM McGinnity, A Context based Word Indexing Model for Document Summarization, IEEE Trans on Knowledge and Data Engineering, VOL. 25, NO. 8, pp 1693-1704, AUGUST 2013
- Vipul Arora and Laxmidhar Behera, On-line Melody Extraction from Polyphonic Audio using Harmonic Cluster Tracking, IEEE Trans Audio, Speech and Language Processing, Vol 21, No 3, pp 520-530, March 2013
- Felix Orlando, Ashish Dutta, Anupam Saxena, Laxmidhar Behera and T Shibata, Manipulability Analysis of Human Thumb, Index and Middle Finger in Cooperative 3D Rotational Movements of a Small Object, Robotica, Volume 31 / Issue 05 / pp 797-809, August 2013
- Pawan Goyal, Laxmidhar Behera, TM McGinnity, A Novel Neighborhood Based Document Smoothing Model for Information Retrieval, Information Retrieval, Springer Volume 16, Issue 3 , pp 391-425, 2013
- Indrazno Siradzuddin, TM McGinnity, S Coleman and Laxmidhar Behera, An iterative robot-image Jacobian approximation of Image Based Visual Servoing for joint limit avoidance, Int Journal of Mechatronics and Automation, Vol. 2, No. 4, 2012
- Frank Schweitzer and Laxmidhar Behera, Optimal migration promotes the outbreak of cooperation in heterogeneous populations, Advances in Complex Systems, 2012, Vol. 15, Suppl. No. 1 (June 2012) (27 pages)
- Indrani Kar, P Prem Kumar, Laxmidhar Behera, On balancing a cart-pole system using T–S fuzzy model, Fuzzy Sets and Systems,207 (2012) 94–110, April 2012 Online http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fss.2012.03.013
- Pawan Goyal, Laxmidhar Behera, TM McGinnity, Query Representation through Lexical Association for Information Retrieval, IEEE Trans Knowledge and Data Engineering, Vol 24, No 12, 2012, pp 2260-2273
- P. Prem Kumar, Laxmidhar Behera, NH Siddique, G Prasad, Optimal controllers for affine nonlinear systems using fuzzy granules of Adaptive Critic Network of Local Linear models, Information Science, Accepted
- P Prem Kumar, Laxmidhar Behera and G Prasad, A Single Network Adaptive Critic based Redundancy Resolution Scheme for Robot Manipulators. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2012, DOI: 10.1109/TIE.2011.2143372,Vol 59, Issue 8, 3241 – 3253, Aug 2012
- Prem Kumar P. and Laxmidhar Behera, Visual Servoing of a Redundant Manipulator with Jacobian Matrix Estimation using Self-organizing Map, Robotics and Autonomous Systems Vol 58, Issue8, pp 978-990, August 2010
- Swagat Kumar, Laxmidhar Behera, and TM McGinnity, Kinematic control of a redundant manipulator using inverse-forward adaptive scheme with a KSOM based hint generator, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Volume 58, Issue 5, 31 May 2010, Pages 622-633
- Indrani Kar and Laxmidhar Behera, Visual Motor Control of a 7 DOF Robot Manipulator Using a Fuzzy SOM Network, Intelligent Service Robotics, Vol 3, No 1, pp 49-60, 2010
- Swagat Kumar, Premkumar P., Ashish Dutta and Laxmidhar Behera, Visual Motor Control of a 7DOF Redundant Manipulator using Redundancy Preserving Learning Network, Robotic, Volume 28, issue 06, pp. 795-810
- Anjan Kumar Ray, Patrick Benavidez, Laxmidhar Behera and Mo Jamshidi, Decentralized Motion Coordination for a Formation of Rovers, IEEE Systems Journal, Vol 3, No. 3, pp369-381, Sept 2009.
Dec 2010 - Continuing Professor,
Department of Electrical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology,
Kanpur, 208 016, India
Intelligent Systems and Control,
Basic Electrical Engineering.
- July 1990-July 1991Lecturer, Dept. of Elect. EnggRegional Engineering College, RourkelaMicroprocessor Based Real-time Digital Control
- July 1999-Sept 2000 Center for Consciousness Studies Bhaktivedanta Institute, Juhu Road, MumbaiConsciousness Studies
- May 2002-July 2002 Guest Researcher, Fraunhofer Institute of Autonomous Intelligent Systems, GermanyEvolutionary computation, Stochastic cellular automata, Evolutionary game theory
- May-June 2005 Visiting Researcher, ETH, Zurich, Switzerland Complex systems
- Jan 2008 – Oct 2009 Reader, University of Ulster, Magee Campus, BT48 7JL Cognitive Robotics, Information Retrieval, Natural Language Understanding
- March 2010 NAIST, Nara, Japan Cognitive Robotics
- Dec 2005- Nov 2010 Associate Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, 208 016, India Intelligent Control, Cognitive Modeling, Robotics: Visual Servoing, Control of Exo-skeletons, Cooperative Robotics, Samskrit Computational Linguistics, Information Retrieval
- Jan 2008 – Sept 2009 Reader, University of Ulster Mobile Robotics, Collaborative Robotics and Emergence of Cooperation , Natural Language Processing
- July 1999 –Sept 2000 Center for Consciousness Studies Bhaktivedanta Institute, Juhu, Mumbai Artificial Intelligence and Consciousness, Guided Study on Perception
- July 1995 – June 1999 Assistant Professor and Coordinator, Center of Robotics and Intelligent Systems, Birla Institute of Technology, Pilani Control Systems, Advanced Control Systems, Neural Networks
- July 1990 – July 1991 Lecturer, REC, Rourkela Control Systems, Electrical Machines
- Dec 2010 - Continuing Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering Indian Institute of TechnologyKanpur, 208 016, India Intelligent Systems and Control, Basic Electrical Engineering
- Dec 2005 – Nov 2010 Associate Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering Indian Institute of TechnologyKanpur, 208 016, India Robust Control, Digital Control, Basics of Electical Engineering, Neural Networks, Intelligent Systems and Control
- Dec 2001 – Dec 2005 Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering Indian Institute of TechnologyKanpur, 208 016, India Control Systems, Neural Networks, Digital Control, Modern Control Systems
- 2010-2012 IIT Kanpur On-line version of ACES Library and responsibilities related to departmental needs in Central Library Member, Library Committee
- 2005-2007 IIT Kanpur Making Exam as well as Class time tables In charge, EE Time Table
- 2003-2005 IIT Kanpur Supervising Admission Process of M.Tech. and Ph.D students as well as taking care of academic concerns of PG students Convenor, DPGC, EE
- 2002-2003 IIT Kanpur Scheduling and organizing departmental seminars by EE academic staff as well visitors In Charge, Department Seminar, EE
- 1999-2000 BI, Mumbai Helping graduate students to select proper courses, guided study as well as the selection of thesis work. Advisor, Graduate studies
- 1996-1999 BITS Pilani Bringing funds, setting up experimental facilities, developing vision etc Coordinator, Centre for Robotics and Intelligent Systems
- 1996-1999 BITS Pilani Conducting Comprehensive tests for admitted Ph.D. students Member Doctoral Counseling Committee
- Associate Editor, Autosoft Journal - Intelligent Automation and Soft Computing
- Technical Committee Member (Intelligent Control), IEEE Control System Society
- Editorial Board Member, IJBST ( Int J Bio-Sciences and Technology) and Associated Journals
- Oxford University Press has brought out the second reprint of the Book 'Intelligent Systems and Control: Principles and Applications' within 8 months of its first publication. The book has already been used as a text book in IIT Kharagpur, and Penn State Great Valley, USA.
- UKIERI Standard Research Award 2008
- Visiting Researcher/Scholar at ETH, Zurich, University of Ulster, UK, and Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, Germany.
- The paper in IEEE Systems Journal 'Sonar-Based Rover Navigation for Single or Multiple Platforms: Forward Safe Path and Target Switching Approach' is IEEE top accessed article in January 2009 (Rank 3), March 2009 (Rank 5); added in "The Smithsonian/NASA Astrophysics Data System"; and translated and included in Japan Science and Technology (JST) repository.
- The paper in IEEE Systems Journal 'Decentralized Motion Coordination for a Formation of Rovers' IEEE top accessed article in December 2009 (Rank 9), June 2010 (Rank 10); added in "The Smithsonian/NASA Astrophysics Data System"; and translated and included in Japan Science and Technology (JST) repository.
- Best Paper of the Conference, International Conf. on Intelligent Sensors and Information Processing, ICISIP-2004, January, 2004, India
- Best Paper award, WoSco,02, Int. Conf. High-Performance Computing (HiPC), 2002, Bangalore, India
- AICTE career award for young teacher, 1997
- Post-doctoral Fellowship, GMD, Sankt Augustin, Germany, 2000-2001
- Chair/Co-Chair of Technical Sessions in IFAC World Congress, IEEE ISIC etc.
- Senior Member IEEE
Department of Electrical Engineering (ACES building).
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur- 208016
Office Phone: 0512-259-7198 (O)
Lab Addresses: Department of Electrical Engineering.
Western Lab - 212A
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur- 208016
Lab Phone : 0512-259-7854