- B.E.(Hons.), B.I.T.S Pilani, Goa Campus, 2010.
- PhD, IIT Madras, 2010-2015.
- Post-Doc Associate, University of Florida, Gainesville, 2016-19.
My research focuses on leveraging interfacial instabilities to enhance transport in microfluidic and microgravity settings. A prominent aspect of my research involves developing reduced-order models for physico-chemical transport phenomena. Specific areas of interest include stability theory, nonlinear dynamics and pattern formation in multiphase systems.
- Institute Research Award for excellence in research during Ph.D., IIT Madras, 2015.
- Dipin S. Pillai, R. Narayanan, “Nonlinear dynamics of electrostatic Faraday instability in thin films”, Journal of Fluid Mechanics Rapids, vol. 855, R4, 2018.
- Dipin S. Pillai, R. Narayanan, “Interfacial dynamics of a confined liquid-vapour bilayer undergoing evaporation”, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 857, 1–37, 2018.
- Dipin S. Pillai, R. Narayanan, “Rayleigh-Taylor stability in an evaporating binary mixture”, Journal of Fluid Mechanics Rapids, vol. 848, R1, 2018.
- Dipin S. Pillai, R. Narayanan, “Linear and nonlinear aspects of Marangoni and evaporative instabilities”, Fluid Dynamics Research, vol. 50 (5), 051411, 2018.
- Dipin S. Pillai, R. Vignesh, A.J. Sudha, S. Pushpavanam, T. Sundararajan, B.K. Nashine, P. Selvaraj “Experimental simulation of fragmentation and stratification of core debris on the core catcher of a fast breeder reactor”, Nuclear Engineering and Design, vol. 301, 39–48, 2016.
- Dipin S. Pillai, J.R. Picardo, S. Pushpavanam, “Shifting and breakup instabilities of squeezed elliptic jets”, International Journal of Multiphase Flow, vol. 67, 189–199, 2014.
- Dipin S. Pillai, P. Narayanan, S. Pushpavanam, T. Sundararajan, A.J. Sudha, P. Chellapandi, “A nonlinear analysis of the effect of heat transfer on capillary jet instability”, Physics of Fluids, vol. 24 (12), 124106, 2012.